Manufactured in France by Scopema, the RIB swivel plate for campervans gets lots of praise on the various forums. In our own experience, we have found these seat swivels to be very robust and rattle-free.
The offset feature of this particular swivel means that the pivot point is offset from the centre by a few centimetres towards the handbrake side of their seat. This means that the seat finishes up facing backwards a bit further from the door. The main advantage is that seats with armrests will spin around more easily. If you have a double seat swivel on the passenger side you should choose the non-offset version, otherwise, there won't be enough room for both seats to swivel backwards.
To rotate the seat, the engine must be turned off, vehicle put in gear and the handbrake released temporarily. Once the seat is facing the rear re-engage handbrake. For seats fitted with up/down height adjustment, you will find that you probably need to pump up the seat height to allow the seat to rotate without the grey plastic trim around the base catching on anything.
- Swivel plate fits between the base and seat slider rails on normal seats
- Automatically locks in place facing forward for driving
- Pivot point is located offset from the centre
- European TUV safety approval
- Compatible with the VW T5 / T6 & Caravelle
- Compatible with heated seats & airbags (wires can pass through the centre)
- Seat height increase: Approx 23mm
- Safety: European TUV safety approval
- Swivel plate
- Bolts to fit standard seat boxes
- Raising shims not included:These passenger swivels are not supplied with raising shims. Drivers swivels for this van model do incorporate raising shims in order to lift the seat high enough to rotate over the handbrake, but this is unnecessary on the passenger's side. However, we do stock these as an add on item so if you intend to fit a leisure battery under the passenger seat you may find that a set of raising shims will allow you to fit a larger battery.
RIB Single Swivel Resources
Installation documentation, videos & FAQ's:
DELIVERY - 6.50 EUR
Enjoy Kiravans' straightforward delivery pricing - a flat fee of 6.50 EUR, regardless of your location or the quantity of items you purchase.
This transparent approach means that you only pay for the first box, whether you buy one item or twenty items! We believe in fairness and honesty, and our delivery pricing reflects that by not hiding costs within our product prices.
Kiravans provide a comprehensive 'No Quibble Returns' policy. You can return any purchase up to 90 days after purchase, for an exchange or full refund.
We only ask that you follow any manufacturers' recommended maintenance advice and use-by dates. Read our full policy here >
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Kiravans is the leading online retailer of campervan conversion products. We have been designing, making and sourcing top quality kit for over 16 years.
Our warehouse is in the Netherlands. We are proud of our fast deliveries and there's no import duties or tariffs to pay - just a hassle free shopping experience!
Read the Kiravans full story here